Love has moved digital during the times of coronavirus. Starting May 2020, the Office of the City Clerk in New York City allows couples to get their marriage licenses online. So if you and your spouse are planning to get married remotely, nothing can stand in the way of love with Project Cupid.
Who is Project Cupid for?
If you and your spouse are physically located in the State of New York, you can get your marriage license via Project Cupid. Even though the appointment is online, both you and your spouse need to be physically together in New York State for the appointment.
How does Project Cupid work?
Issuing marriage license and witnessing wedding ceremonies can now be done with video conferencing. All you need to do is apply online at Office of the City Clerk website, log in or create account with NYC.ID, provide documents, schedule a virtual appointment, and upload your marriage license. For detailed process of Project Cupid, make sure to visit the official website.
What do you need?
- A device for videoconferencing
- Make sure that both you and your spouse are physically located in the State of New York. If you and your spouse are planning to have a virtual ceremony, both of you need to be physically together.
- $35 for marriage license
- Both you and your spouse’s personal information such as address, birth information, Social Security number, and marital history
- You and your spouse must have proper identification
- After your wedding ceremony, remember to upload the signed marriage licenses
What about marriage officiants?
With Project Cupid, virtual wedding ceremonies means you will need to find private marriage officiants to solemnize your wedding. If you are unsure whether the individual is authorized by State law, make sure to check the website. Once you find an officiant, check the non-city clerk marriage officiant virtual ceremony guide on how to conduct virtual marriage ceremony.
Can I still have our photos taken?
Yes! Moving your marriage virtual does not mean you cannot document this special moment of your life. Getting married online should not make this day any less meaningful. That’s why at Sasha Chou Photography, our professional photographers are ready to help make this day memorable!