Today I did some research and found out there are many good venues to offer. For those who has small weddings and haven’t found a venue yet, I put together a list of really cool and unique venues for intimate weddings with guests up to 100 people in New York area.
1. Mansion/Museum landmark in the heart of Greenwich Village
A 5-story landmarked Mansion/Museum is located in the very heart of Greenwich Village, just off of 5th Avenue, near Washington Square Park. Step inside and find yourself in 1800’s New York City. A dazzling Ballroom was added to the Mansion’s Second Floor in 1899. The Ballroom was designed by the world-renowned architect Stanford White. Stanford White was the genius whose work famously gave birth to New York’s Beaux-Arts Movement. Stanford White gave New York City its Grand Central Terminal, its original Madison Square Garden, its Washington Square Arch, and…the Ballroom.
2. Merchant’s House Museum
Considered one of the finest surviving examples of architecture from the period, the red-brick and white-marble 1832 Merchant’s House hosts weddings, receptions, photo & video shoots, corporate staff outings & theater events. The original furnishings, stunning architectural details, and lush 19th century “secret” garden offer the perfect backdrop and dozens of possibilities for creating a memorable event or shoot. Plenty of parking is available and we are easily accessible by public transportation. 5 Star reviews! “This immaculately preserved 19th-century brick-and-marble row house is a stunner.” New York Magazine, Weddings, The Essential Guide, 2018 “Tailor made for true New York City history buffs who want a more intimate reception, the Merchant’s House Museum (located in the East Village) is virtually unchanged since 1832. Recognized as a National Historic Landmark for its late-Federal brick exterior and Greek Revival interior rooms, the museum’s options for ceremony and reception include its Greek Revival double parlor, a 19th century garden, and cozy period kitchen.” BRIDES Magazine.
3. Incredible Loft beside Manhattan Bridge Archway
This building’s old-fashioned exterior contrasts markedly with its state-of-the-art interior, the incredible loft space on the first floor was completed in 1910. This beautiful, historic building has a red brick façade and arched windows. Its windows and roofline are artistically outlined in white. This Buildings location has its benefits of its own, its right next door to the Manhattan Bridge Archway. The building is in the Dumbo neighborhood of Brooklyn. The Dumbo area has emerged as one of New York City’s premier arts districts, and also has New York City’s highest concentration of technology firms by neighborhood. Dumbo is home to 25 percent of New York City-based tech firms. The Gallery: • Capacity: Comfortably allows for 140 people seated; 200 standing • Private suite with Bathroom, couch, work desk, mirror (makeup room, bridal suite).
4. Haven’s Kitchen
Located in a converted Carriage House, there are several small spaces at Haven’s Kitchen that are ideal for a romantic wedding, including the second floor area, which features artwork by Ellsworth Kelly and Richard Serra and can accommodate 40 guests for a seated dinner, and the spacious loft-style third floor, which can fit 80 guests for a seated dinner. And of course, the food wins praise for being absolutely amazing!
5. Frankies 457 Spuntino
Frankies 457 Spuntino, located in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, offers classic and charming wedding celebrations in its 100-year-old blacksmith Stable and garden spaces. The critically praised Italian-American fare and rustic-chic ambiance combine to make a picture perfect backdrop for a wedding day unforgettable in all the best ways. Frankies 457 Spuntino offers on-site ceremony and reception spaces for up to 80 guests in the warmer months of May-October each year. During the winter, the Stable can accommodate up to 40 guests for a cozy indoor celebration before, during or after a wedding.
6. The James New York Especially in New York, there’s nothing more convenient that having your wedding at a hotel. Your guests can stay on premises, and not worry about cabbing, Ubering or taking the subway to and from your venue. At The James, located on Grand Street in SoHo, you’ll find several venue options, including the Penthouse Loft with its water views, the modern Studio, and the outdoor Urban Garden, which provides a more private setting for your big day. And—bonus—all of the food is catered by David Burke Kitchen, owned by the famed chef.
7. The River Cafe Located under the Brooklyn Bridge, this famed restaurant and small wedding venue in NYC is known not only for its delicious cuisine, but its jaw-dropping wedding space. Host your event in the Terrace Room, with its panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline and space for up to 100 guests. The terrace can be tented or left uncovered for open-air ceremonies, followed by cocktail hour in the garden, and then a four-course tasting menu for your reception in the Terrace Room. There’s even an in-house florist and cake baker to make your planning process even smoother.
8. Hotel Giraffe Perfectly situated between midtown and downtown, Hotel Giraffe provides a stunning backdrop that sets the stage for an exceptional wedding day. Inspired by the architecture and design of the Art Modern period that has distinguished this vibrant Manhattan “NoMad” neighborhood since the 1920s and 30s, our celebrated luxury hotel offers a journey of timeless style and unsurpassed sophistication. We can accommodate a wide array of needs.
9. Windrift Hall – Your Sanctuary on a Private Lake Windrift Hall is situation on top of a hill surrounded by 14 acres of nature. The historic house features 5 bedrooms, 2 baths, library, study, gracious center hall, living room and a beautiful country kitchen. The house is filled with an eclectic mix of art and antiques reflecting the origins of the European owners and their love for design and good craftsmanship. Every room has a wood burning fireplace and every window has unobstructed views of nature around you. While you’re chopping vegetables in the kitchen you might see a blue heron landing gracefully on the pond or you can study the hawks circling in midair. Spring is a beautiful time to see the gardens and wild flowers come into bloom, in summer you might like to take your meals in the shadow of the 250 old maple tree and cool off with a swim in the spring fed pond. In fall there’s a spectacular foliage on view right out of your bedroom window and winters are perfect for lounging in front of the fireplace after a run on the nearby slopes of Hunter or Wyndham.
10. Dinos Brooklyn The upstairs room at Dino offers a private dining experience with the same look and feel of the main restaurant. The layout is flexible and we offer various packages to accommodate most events from a small intimate, sit down dinner party for 10 to a standing cocktail party for 40 people. Offsite catering is also available.
11. Celestine This gorgeous modern restaurant has a prime DUMBO location, and offers unbeatable views of the NYC skyline and the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges. The main dining room is breathtaking, with sleek, contemporary design elements and a wall of windows overlooking the harbor. In the warmer months, intimate parties can take advantage of the breezy waterfront terrace. Your menu is certain to be hit—the chef’s unique, beautifully presented dishes draw inspiration from the cuisines of North Africa, the Middle East, and the eastern Mediterranean.
12. The Foundry The Foundry is a raw space. The rental of The Foundry includes the main space, comprised of the ground floor and mezzanine, The Courtyard (with or without a tent), a fully equipped kitchen and three staff personnel onsite for your event (see description below). The Terrace, The Greenhouse, The Albra Room, and The Pool Room can be rented as additional spaces. You can use our own caterers (chosen from our list of recommendations), table and chair rentals (provided by Broadway Party Rentals), florists, DJ’s, musicians etc. who all know our space and have worked here before, or you are welcome to bring in professional outside vendors (excluding rentals, tent rental and catering).